Preparing for your tan
- It is highly recommended to always have waxing, manicures and pedicures done 24 hours prior to your airbrush tanning session. Facials should be done no sooner than a week before (this includes facials and chemical peels)
- Arrive with clean skin, free of lotions, perfumes, deodorant and makeup, as it acts as a barrier on your skin (Especially DOVE soap)!
- Shave with a new razor and exfoliate with a washcloth or exfoliating mitt the day before your tanning session.
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing and flip-flop shoes to and from your tanning session. Tight or rough clothing, such as jeans or spandex pants can rub on your developing tan resulting in an uneven appearance.
- The tanning solution may stain silk, wool and synthetic fabrics, so these should bot be worn in the first 24 hours after the spray tan is applied.
How to maximize your spray tan
- Limit your physical activity for 8-12 hours following your spray tan session.
- Do not shower or get wet for at least 8-12 hours after tanning. DHA continues to react with the amino acids of your skin for up to 12 hours.
- Use a tan extending moisturizer on your skin morning and night between spray tans.
- The time of the year will affect your skin, and therefore, your tan. Keep moisturized.
- Long hot baths or long showers are great for pre-tan exfoliation, but can cause a tan to fade prematurely. The skin soaks and softens with length of time exposed and this can speed up the exfoliation process.
- Pat dry after showering or bathing. DO NOT RUB.
- Use a sharp, clean razor with a lubricating product, when shaving. Hair conditioner works really well. Avoid hair removal products such as nair, Neet, wax, ect.
- Avoid harsh soaps such as deodorant bar soap when showering. Shower in warm NOT HOT water.
- Anti-acne products (including Retin-A type products) and makeup removal products may cause tan to fade.
- Avoid exfoliating scrubs, facial masks, and toners containing alcohol.
- Swimming in a chlorinated pool or hot tub can cause tan to fade prematurely. The application of thick waterproof sun block, prior to swimming, may help reduce fading.
***I CARRY ALL THE PRODUCTS YOU WILL NEED TO HELP EXTEND AND MAINTAINE THE LIFE OF YOUR SUNLESS TAN!***